2010年1月24日日曜日

CLASS #10 Table Manners

1.Have you ever eaten in a restaurant in a foreign country? Where? What did you eat? Did you make any mistakes? Please explain your experience.

Yes, I have eaten in restaurants in England. I ate fish and chips, pasta, pizza etc. I didn't have any mistakes in that situations, but it is a little difficult to use knife and fork for me... I couldn't eat chips with knife and fork well like British people!!



2. Did you learn anything?

Yes, I did. It is "When in Rome, do as the Romans do." We eat almost anything with chopsticks in Japan, but in a foreign country, we should use knife, fork and our hands as the case may be. By doing this, we can learn the cultural things.

3 件のコメント:

  1. Hello!!
    I didn't know that people eat chips with knife in England.
    It's very surprised!!!

    返信削除
  2. Hi!!
    I ate fish and chips with fork and knife too^^ It was so difficult.. I like chopsticks^^

    返信削除
  3. I confused many times about table manner.
    I would like to learn more table manner.

    返信削除