2010年1月24日日曜日

CLASS #12 Education

I like to study English and of course other foreign languages. On the other hand, I like to study Japanese,too.

Nowadays, studying English is natural, important and indispensable in Japanese education. But due to this fact, many Japanese people are lacking their knowledge of Japanese (both writhing and reading skills).

First, I think the early introduction of English education has a little problem. It is a good idea to teach English in elementary schools, but before that, we should teach Japanese enough. People may have many different ways of thinking about this matter, but I think Japanese needs more education of our mother country, Japan.

Second, there are so many imported words in Japan, and Japanese people often use it in conversation (formal and informal) and text messages. They are parts of our language and life. Then people forget Japanese or reduce to use real Japanese in the course of nature as imported words are spreading in Japan. It makes sense that we naturalize words from other languages, but we shouldn't stop enveloping of Japanese language.

Finally, I think some people may believe that we don't have to study Japanese because of course we can speak Japanese. It is just my conjecture, but I had thought like that when I was in high school. I thought learning Japanese is no point, but I realized how important is studying Japanese through learning English professionally.I bet that studying our mother language is fundamental to learning anything.

These 3 reasons, I agree with Minae Mizumura.

4 件のコメント:

  1. I agree with you.
    I think Kanji is very beautiful character. I must protect, use and read them....!

    返信削除
  2. Hi!
    I think so, too.
    We have what I do not know a lot.

    返信削除
  3. Hi.
    I think we should teach Japanese enough from before study English in elementary schools, too.
    They early studying in English.
    I think they read many books when elementary school student!

    返信削除
  4. hi!
    I think we need to speak Japanese correct.
    This is very important in our future.

    返信削除