2009年12月6日日曜日

CLASS #6 Time

1. Please explain a time proverb in your culture.

In my opinion, Japan is a country which is very strict about time because it is famous that Japanese trains come to the station on time. That's why, our culture has many proverbs about time. People in the old days may have wanted to show the importance of time with these proverbs.


2. What do the following proverbs mean:
a. Time is money.

It means: Time is important, and you should not waste it.


b. A stitch in time saves nine.

It means: Do the best you can before it is too late.


c. There's no time like the present.

It means: This is your chance! You should do now.


d.Let's meet at 4. If I'm not there by 5, leave without me at 6, and I'll be there at 7.

Sorry...I don't have an idea about it..

3 件のコメント:

  1. Hi!
    I agree with you.
    Japanese is very strict about time!
    But it is important things.

    返信削除
  2. hi,
    i think exactly the same thing on Q1!!
    we are compatible, haha

    返信削除
  3. Hi!
    Japan have many proverb about time.
    I was asked meaning of these proverb once more, I explain these very difficult!!

    返信削除