2009年6月1日月曜日

CLASS #6 Greetings

1. How do you greet members of your family? (mother, father, older brother, younger brother, grandparents, etc.)

In the morning, I just say "ohayo-" to all of my family. I sometimes play the fool and say "oha-" because I want to start a day by good smile.


2. How do you greet people that are important in society?

I look people in the eye, smile, make a bow and say "ohayougozaimasu". I think that Eye-contact is very important and indispensable when we greet someone.


3. Do you greet people from the opposite sex in a different way?

I'm not aware of doing so, but I may do like with a high-pitched voice.


4. Do you hug anyone? If yes, who and when. If no, why not?

Yes,I do. I always hug my best friend when I meet her at university. I think that It's natural for us to hug insted of greeting.

4 件のコメント:

  1. I agree with you. some people say strong eye-contact should be avoided in Japanese society; however, eye-contanct is becoming more and more important in this global world, I think.

    返信削除
  2. I think Eye- contact is important, too.
    I often do this.
    Eye- contact is a kind of greeting, I think.

    返信削除
  3. Hey Blackcherry dear,

    I felt you are more polite and more non-japanse while I was reading #2, because I don't feel many japanese people put a special empasis on eye-contact, but I think it is very important! I do try to put eye-contact while i talk with people.... I remember one of friends from my high school once told me that I stared into her eyes too much and she felt uncomfortable, she said "you look into my eyes too much!" and covered my eyes with her hands.... ha, she's funny lol

    xxx

    返信削除
  4. >>sen

    Thanx for your comment :)
    yeah, many japanese don't make eye-contact..I don't know why cuz it's natural for me.


    >>chu-chu-chu☆

    Thanx for your comment.
    You often do this? great :)
    You are absolutely correct!


    >>Kimi

    Hey my darling!!
    I'm more non-japanese as it looks?? lol
    yeah I think I cannot chat with friends without eye-contact, but some people may think that it's uncomfortable like your case :(
    However please keep what you are!!

    xxxxx

    返信削除