2009年5月18日月曜日

CLASS #4 World Religions

How do you greet people in your life?

In the morning, I usually greet my family or friend with "ohayou(gozaimasu)" . in the afternoon and evening, I say "konnnichiwa", but sometimes say "ohayou" to people I meet for the first time in the day.


Is it different for different people? How so and why?

Yes, it is. People use many different way of greeting case by case or with individual. I think that the differences are depend on their living environment which they have had. And also, the differences depends on each culture or religion.


Do you touch people when you talk to them? Why? Or Why not?

I sometimes do, but just for close friends. In my view, it is normal to talk as touching my friends, but I don't mean doing it in particular. If I am touched by someone who I don't know well, I don't feel comfortable.

3 件のコメント:

  1. hi blackchelly!!
    I agree with you!! Greeting are very different and it depends on the culuture and religion! I think differences of the religions about greeting are very important points!!

    返信削除
  2. Hi blackchelly! I agree with you! We sometimes "ohayougozaimasu" we meet for the first time in the day. We have to say "ohayougozaimasu" if in the afternoon on working so, i think it comes from job's custom for example,night duty.

    返信削除
  3. >>chiken

    hey dear! Thanx for your comment :)
    yep, greetings connect with culture, I think.
    so it's sometimes difficult to greet forign people.


    >>RBB

    hey! Thanx for the comment!!
    You are absolutely correct. I always use "ohayougozaimasu" when I meet my boss and friends at part-time place. It is peculiar japanese style...isn't it??

    返信削除