2009年6月7日日曜日

CLASS #7 Names and Addresses

1.Are feelings, emotions and facial expressions universal across borders, happy, sad, etc..?

My opinon is yes. That's why we manage to get through and understand others feelings without words when we go abroad. But there may be some differences how much they express their feelings. I think Japanese sometimes make no sign as cimpared with American.


2. Try to name as many feelings as possible in Japanese. ( 10 minimum) Then, write the English translation.

・幸せな happy
・悲しい sad
・寂しい lonely
・嬉しい glad
・怖い fearful
・イライラする irritated
・興奮する excited
・おもしろい interesting
・つまらない bored
・好き like
・嫌い hate
・落ち込む depressed
・安心する relieved
・きれいな beautiful

I came up with many negative words steadily...omg



3. Are there any feelings in Japanese that cannot be translated into English?

I have no idea...but if there are some, I somehow catch the basic meaning.

7 件のコメント:

  1. That's right. We can make communication with various people without speaking; difference is just how we express our feelings.

    返信削除
  2. hi blackberry :0]
    why did you write more negative words?
    you're right??

    返信削除
  3. Hi,blackberry!
    I think Japanese vogue-words are very difficult to translate to English.
    So how do you think about my idea.

    返信削除
  4. このコメントは投稿者によって削除されました。

    返信削除
  5. hi blackcherry!
    i think so,too. Japanese do not express thier feelings clearly sometimes and it's depends on the sitiation.
    you came up with negative words...think about happy things!!!!!

    返信削除
  6. I am very sorry but I have misplaced the sign-up sheet with the volunteers names and email addresses on it. If you signed up to make potato salad, set-up, cook/serve food, or clean up, please leave me a comment!

    返信削除
  7. That's right.
    Compared with American, Japanese don't express clealy.

    返信削除