2009年5月10日日曜日

CLASS #3 Buddhism

I am Buddhisim, but I'm not religious, so I don't know the details.

Last class is the first time to experience the Buddhism, and it was very interestion for me.
Looking back my life, there are many things affected by Buddhism.
For example...
  1. say "Itadakimasu" and "Gochisousama" with my hands together-I didn't think it's affected by Buddhism. I think we do it to show the feeling of gratitude or it may be natural to do it.
  2. apologgize to a person for something with my hands together-It's kind of same as 1, but of course I have different feelings. I'm not sure, but I do it to show my sincerity.
  3. visit a person's grave especially on July 20th-I don't do this not often, but on July 20th (or around the day) I visit my grandfather's grave every year. When we do it, we offer flowers and sweets and wash the grave to respect and think about our ancestor.
  4. offer a rice and a glass of water at a altar-I don't have a altar at my house, but my grandmother does, and offers them at a altar twice a day (before eating breakfast and dinner). It prorobably means that we need to serve a meal to our ancestor before we eat.
  5. flower arrangement-to learn flower arrangement was very neccesary thing for girls in old days. I don't know the details, but one of my teacher told me that flower arrangement has strong connection with Buddhism.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿